Caring for your Philodendron
- Loves medium to bright indirect light. Near a window, but not with any intense rays of the sun.
- Some varieties are vining (ie. Brasil) and will spill over their container or will grow up a support while other varieties have an upright growth (ie. Moonlight) without a trailing habit.
- Without enough light, the vining types may become leggy (fewer leaves on the vines and spaced far apart).
- Water just before the potting mix dries out completely.
- Philodendron do not like their potting mix to get bone dry, but they are also prone to root rot if it stays too wet.
- Remove any excess water from the saucer after watering.
- Fertilize lightly while the plant is actively growing.
- Not pet safe
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh